If you have any queries please leave a comment below. The biggest obstacle to using a ROM to revert to stock is that you’re relying on someone else to create the ROM for you. If you have a popular phone with an active community on the XDA Developers forums, then this won’t be a problem. If you own a lesser-known device, a stock ROM may be harder to find. To go the whole way, you need to unroot your phone as well. Want to remove a custom ROM and get your Android phone back to its original state?
- If you have installed a Custom ROM and looking forward to getting back to the original MIUI Xiaomi flash tool is the best option.
- After selecting the ROM .zip file, perform “Swipe to Confirm flash” on the bottom of the screen to start installation process.
- And to select Flash All Except Data Bat in the right side below.
- Follow this tutorial on how to flash Xiaomi MIUI Stock ROM using Mi Flash Tool.
- Most importantly, this sideload mode requires a TWRP recovery version 2.3 or higher.
That will take you to a stock, unrooted ROM, with stock recovery as well. Lock the bootloader, and you’ll be completely back to normal.
There are many reasons you might want to revert your rooted phone back to stock Android. Selling it or making a warranty claim are the biggest. But you also need to do it if you want to install a system update. Or perhaps you’ve installed so many tweaks and mods that you just want to get back to some semblance of normality. Reboot into recovery – Power off the phone and then press the “Power + volume up” button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode. Transfer the update.zip to the root directory of the phone’s internal storage. Reboot into CWM recovery – Power off the phone and then press the “Power + volume up” button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode.
- To do this, you will first need to download and install the Android SDK platform-tools on your computer.
- Most smartphones automatically make a backup in the background.
- Here you can Download and install Xiaomi 11i Android Phone device USB (Universal Serial Bus) drivers for free.
- So, launch the tool on your computer by double-clicking the ‘XiaoMiFlash.exe‘ executable.
The Stock ROM comes as a zip package which contains the original Firmware, Flash Tool, Driver, and How-to Install Manual. NOTE If while loading the scatter file you see firmware files a checksum error, copy checksumgen.exe into the firmware folder and then launch it.
We recommend you doing clean all, if you want StockRom on your device but want to keep Bootloader unlocked. Now select the folder which you has pasted into your PC’s drive. Now you will see another folder on your PC by the name of your device that you had renamed. So This is a Complete Guide to Install official ROM on Xiaomi 12X (Psyche); if you have any questions, Let us Know Via a comment. However, it will only remove if the ROM is not modded or custom.